For public service professionals to produce high-quality documents, they need skills to communicate complex ideas in writing, and an organisational culture that supports them in their work. Our programs teach these skills and inspire the right organisational culture.
You might like to start with a workshop on Principles of clear writing, where we consider some of the basics behind writing clearly and effectively. Now that you’ve got the basics right, it might be time for one of our most popular workshops, Writing to influence. Here, you’ll learn how to write in a way that maximises your chances of influencing others, making you a powerful force in your organisation. You may need to put your persuasive skills to use by managing external stakeholders, in which case Effective stakeholder engagement should help you even further.
In today’s busy world, a great deal of information is delivered on-line. Writing for the web needs a particular style and a particular focus on the structure of the document. We can help you with the specialist knowledge you need to write successfully for the online environment in our Writing for the web workshop.
What if you have to write briefs for Senate Estimates, for ministers or for other high-level, time-poor individuals? Our Compelling briefs and correspondence workshop has you covered—another highly popular workshop. If you want to branch out beyond the written word and persuade people face-to-face, Persuasive and powerful presentations will round off your communications skills with a balance of classical rhetoric and professional vocal techniques.
Select from the menu on the right or call us about our other communications workshops listed below.
Documents that just make sense
- Principles of clear writing
- Writing for the minister: briefs and QTBs
- Meeting briefs and talking points
- Briefs for Senate Estimates committees
- Persuasive reports and business cases
- Writing effective letters and emails
- Writing accurate case notes and records
- Influential documents for scientists
- Clear writing for IT specialists
- Writing an amazing speech
- Writing influential business documents
- Creating a clear writing culture
Engaging with clients, stakeholders and the media
- Transforming confrontation into
- Introduction to engaging with stakeholders
- Advanced stakeholder engagement
- Negotiation and representation skills
- Working with ministers and governments
- Developing an effective communications
and engagement plan
- Strategic communications
- Engaging audiences using social media
- Defensive interview skills:
answering tough questions
- Media releases and talking points
- Advanced media skills for leaders
- Engaging the media and managing a crisis:
capability and preparedness
Giving powerful speeches and presentations
- Speaking effectively as a professional
- Giving the keynote address
- PowerPoint and handling questions
- Appearing before Senate Estimates and