Governments are seeking to manage both risks and opportunities more effectively. In a more open media environment, regulators have to balance demands from many parties.
To meet these challenges, our Best practice in governance and decision-making workshop assists regulatory agencies in developing staff’s technical knowledge, operational and communication skills to create and administer high-performing regulatory systems. This workshop develops strategic capability to anticipate and respond to the complex problems that constitute the contemporary regulatory environment.
After attending Best practice in governance and decision making, participants will be better able to:
- understand which systems and processes are fit for purpose
- make better decisions that are less vulnerable to risk and harms
- minimize regulatory and organisational risk
- use new technologies and regulatory paradigms to improve how they approach problems.
- Officers who make decisions or delegate decision-making
- Officers involved in strategic, organisational or operational review processes
- Face-to-face, half-day workshop
- All participants read selected articles before attending the workshop.
Post-workshop resources and support
- All participants receive a set of customised workshop materials—workbook, manual and resources.
- All participants complete a post-workshop action plan that will assist them to put learned techniques into practice.