Ethos CRS believes that to deliver best results, agencies must engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders. They must communicate messages clearly, present their objectives and strategies compellingly and establish productive relationships with the public and businesses within and beyond government. Effective stakeholder engagement strategies are essential for the long term success of the policy agenda for government agencies.
In putting engagement strategies into effect, agencies must be guided by agreed values and codes of conduct. They must also have the confidence and ability to work and communicate successfully with individuals who come from all walks of life and who have divergent perspectives, interests and agendas. Properly done, stakeholder engagement means successfully balancing demands from a diverse spectrum of entities.
Our Effective stakeholder engagement workshop equips individuals and agencies with the practical skills and techniques they need to foster and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
After attending Effective stakeholder engagement, participants will be better able to:
- understand how to communicate with stakeholders
- maintain relationships with long-term stakeholders
- prepare engagement tactics more effectively
- balance the demands of multiple stakeholders with competing interests.
- Staff who manage, consult and engage with stakeholders
- Face-to-face, one-day workshop
- Alternatively, this workshop can be delivered as 2 3-hour virtual sessions
- Participants are to read a selected list of articles before attending the workshop.
Post-workshop resources and support
- All participants receive a set of customised workshops materials – workbook and resources.
- All participants complete a post-workshop action plan that will assist them to put learned techniques into practice.