Content is everything. But web content for the sake of it is arguably worse than no content at all. As with any other writing, when writing for the web, it is essential to understand who will be reading your content, and to understand precisely what you want that content to do.
Our Writing for the web workshop provides participants with the tools and techniques they need to produce effective and compelling written work with an emphasis on the structural and stylistic peculiarities of producing writing on the internet.
After attending Writing for the web, participants will be better able to:
- present complex material and ideas in the simplest possible way online
- produce clear, precise and engaging web content
- employ consistent standards and procedures used in creating content.
- Communication officers
- Face to face, half- or one-day workshop
- Alternatively, this workshop can be delivered as one 3-hour virtual session or 2 3-hour virtual sessions
- All participants will read from a selected list of articles before attending the workshop.
Post-workshop resources and support
- All participants receive a set of customised workshops materials – workbook and resources.
- All participants complete a post-workshop action plan that will assist them to put learned techniques into practice.