Governments make decisions based on the written advice they receive, and these decisions affect everyone every day. Writing for government carries with it both great opportunity and great responsibility. The best writing leads to the best results, which create greater public value and generate confidence and certainty for business and industry.
Our Writing for government workshop draws on the first-hand experiences of former senior executive service officers and political advisers. We base our training material on the real-world examples of professionals who have worked in prime ministers' offices and at the highest levels of the public service. Our professionals recognise positive results that good writing for the government can deliver and know the pitfalls that poor writing can impose.
After attending Writing for government, participants will be better able to:
- write clear documents that meet the needs of identified audiences
- improve relationships with stakeholders and senior executives
- write clear, precise briefs and correspondence.
- All staff
- Face to face, one-day workshop
- Alternatively, this workshop can be delivered as 2 3-hour virtual sessions
- All participants locate and read their organisation’s style guide.
Post-workshop resources and support
- All participants receive a set of customised workshops materials – workbook and resources.
- All participants complete an action plan for applying the workshop concepts in their workplace.