In Advanced policy skills, Ethos CRS uses case studies to explore uncertainty and risk and what they mean for the ordered or ideal process of policy development. We look at coordination with other government departments, consultation with stakeholders and how to build evaluation methods into policy design. As a component of implementation and evaluation we provide insights on the role the media has in assisting us to communicate complex policy messages.
After attending Advanced policy skills, participants will be better able to:
- design, develop and implement policies more effectively and efficiently
- put together coherent and comprehensive policy that addresses an identified policy problem
- reduce policy risk as it applies to the department, government and ministers.
- Officers who have at least one year’s experience in policy or who are increasingly working on complex policy issues
- Face-to-face, two-day workshop
- Participants read selected articles before attending the workshop.
Post-workshop resources and support
- All participants receive a set of customised workshops materials—workbook, manual and resources.
- All participants complete a post-workshop action plan that will assist them to put learned techniques into practices.