In Ethos CRS's Introduction to policy workshop, participants discover how their organisation develops and implements policy, and provides advice to government. They gain a step-by-step knowledge of the policy process and an improved capacity to develop policies that meet the needs of elected governments.
Our facilitators have worked and developed policy at all levels of government for prime ministers, ministers and statutory authorities. Grounded in this experience, our Introduction to policy workshop uses real-world problems to underpin the theory. We use examples from your department or agency’s portfolio to create a relevant learning experience.
After attending Introduction to policy, participants will be better able to:
- recognise the importance of problem-solving in policy
- recognise the main steps in doing policy development
- understand the difference between strategic, operational and administrative policy
- identify policy problems more clearly
- recognise different policy frameworks and the importance of internal and external consultation
- distinguish inputs, outputs and outcomes
- appreciate the importance of metrics and evaluation.
- Graduates and relatively junior officers
- Officers who are new to the department or to policy work
- Face-to-face, one-day workshop