Great policy is only as good as its delivery. Our Policy implementation and evaluation workshop equips participants with the knowledge and skills they need to apply best practice considerations to designing policy implementation initiatives that are evidence-based, realistic, and will achieve policy objectives.
Participants are guided through real-world scenarios to adopt best-practice approaches to implementation, planning, management and evaluation. Through interactive learning activities, they will learn to recognise and apply a whole-of-government approach to deliver programs and services seamlessly.
After attending Policy implementation and evaluation, participants will be better able to:
- determine links between research, evidence, analysis, implementation and evaluation
- understand the elements of good policy and learn from policy failure
- understand the importance of having good implementation planning to underpin policy
- develop new policy skills and build on their existing skills.
- Staff involved in policy work
- Face-to-face, one-day workshop
- Alternatively, this workshop can be delivered as 2 3-hour virtual sessions
- All participants are to read a set of articles before the workshop.
Post-workshop resources and support
- All participants receive a set of customised workshops materials – workbook, manual and resources.
- All participants complete a post-workshop action plan that will assist them to put learned techniques into practices.