Complex policy and regulatory problems demand skilful analysis and critical thinking. Without this, positive change—underpinned by effective conclusions and recommendations—cannot and will not be delivered. Poor analysis and thinking leads to sub-optimal solutions and poor analysis and thinking by public agencies imposes a real and tangible cost on communities. In Analytical and critical thinking, Ethos CRS has developed a practical workshop that builds the analytical and clear thinking skills of professionals so they can make better informed decisions.
After attending this Analytical and critical thinking for policies, participants will be better able to:
- understand the core principles of critical analysis
- understand the skills, tools and techniques that support analytical thinking
- understand to apply analytical and strategic thinking to real world policy problems
- critically evaluate potential policy solutions.
- All staff involved in policy work
- Face-to-face, one-day workshop
- Participants prepare a one-page description of a problem they are dealing with in their work. The one-page description can relate to previous work or relate to a new problem on which they would like to work.
Post-workshop resources and support
- All participants receive workbooks to use during the workshop, handouts and tip sheets for their reference after the workshop.
- All participants complete an action plan for applying the workshop concepts in their workplace.