Everyone gets stressed. So why are some of us more able to cope with setbacks and pressure than others? In our Building resilience workshop, we explore the characteristics of resilient people. We explore the techniques they use and the different perspectives they have towards change. We show how resilience has as much to do with the way you manage yourself as with how you deal with the problems around you. Participants develop strategies for themselves and their teams to deal with setbacks, pressure and failure.
After attending Building resilience, participants will be better able to:
- understand and apply emotional intelligence models
- understand emotions and drivers of behaviour
- understand the impacts of pressure in the workplace
- identify behaviours and leadership styles which undermine staff resilience
- identify and respond to the warning signs of sustained stress
- use tools and skills for self-management and building resilience
- adopt a supportive leadership style and coach for resilience
- positively influence the culture (emotional health) of their work area.
- All professionals
- Face-to-face, one-day workshop
- Alternatively, this workshop can be delivered as 2 3-hour virtual sessions
- All participants read selected articles before attending the workshop.
Post-workshop resources and support
- All participants receive a set of customised workshops materials – workbook and resources.
- All participants complete a post-workshop action plan that will assist them to put learned techniques into practice.