An organisation is more effective when managers and staff communicate frequently and give each other honest and constructive feedback. Having frequent conversations builds a culture where staff trust each other and problems are addressed quicker.
Effective management conversations considers why many people find it hard to give feedback and what can be done. It looks at how best to communicate with staff who have different behavioural styles and equips managers with tools and techniques to hold effective management conversations.
After attending Effective management conversations, participants will be better able to:
- prepare systematically to have constructive workplace conversations
- provide the feedback necessary to build a high-performing workplace culture
- create improved relationships within teams
- manage the work of individuals and teams more effectively.
- Managers and supervisors
- Face-to-face, one-day workshop
- Ethos CRS can integrate insights from online DISC® and MBTI® evaluations to examine default modes of behaviour more precisely.
- Participants read selected papers and articles, discuss the organisational culture of conversations and feedback with a senior manager and complete an audit of experience and expertise.
Post-workshop resources and support
- All participants receive a set of customised workshop materials—workbook and resources.
- All participants complete a Leadership in context™ plan, which articulates priority areas for action.